That’s A Wrap April 2017: Getting Paid Is A Waiting Game
Welcome to That’s A Wrap April 2017! I’m still having a great time blogging and I’m so proud of the progress that I’m making. Even though I didn’t make as much money as I did in March, April was still a great month.
What Happened in April 2017?
I published four blog posts here and wrote one sponsored post and two articles as a freelance writer. The posts published on The Kay Saga can be found here.
- How To Find Your Way As A Brand New Blogger
- 3 Important Things To Do In Addition To Spring Cleaning
- How To Budget For Birthdays Without Breaking The Bank
- That’s A Wrap March 2017: How I Made My First $60 Blogging
What have I learned?
- I need a schedule – I have learned that I need to set a schedule to be sure that I have my posts and newsletters completed on time. My life got kinda hectic towards the end of April so my May posts will most likely be delayed. When I figure out a schedule that works for me, this problem will be avoided.
- I have to learn to say no – April was so demanding! There were so many things that I wanted to participate in and squeeze into my calendar. I have to learn that sometimes I will need to say no to things in order to keep my sanity. While I enjoyed everything that I worked on in April, it was a lot. I would have been more productive if I didn’t have so many things on my plate.
- Getting paid is a waiting game – You have probably heard this before, but bloggers are always waiting to be paid. When you complete sponsored posts or make affiliate sales, you could be waiting close to 90 days to actually see your money! When I write these reports, I only count the money that I have actually received. I like having a good idea of how much I will make next month, but the wait time to get paid is CRAZY.
April 2017 Statistics
I am still using Grammarly for my posts as well as my emails, and the page views were great this month. Purchasing Elite Blog Academy has proven to be very beneficial to the blog as well.
I am still in the unit where I am brushing up the focus of my posts, but I can’t wait to move to the next unit. This is the first course where I have been excited to complete every step.
In April 2017, I decided to shoot for 1,000 page views. I ended up with 4,015 page views and I was completely surprised! The only thing that I did differently was promoting my posts in a larger Facebook group.
I see that this one thing helped expose my posts to a lot more people than I could reach on my own. This is a strategy that I will continue in the future.
My main focus for the blog is not on email subscribers at this moment. I still want to include the statistics because I do try to send out a newsletter and new post alerts to the people that have subscribed.
I received six new subscribers in April 2017. During the month, I did send out one newsletter and my subscribers LOVED it. Be sure to sign up below if you want to see what the newsletter is all about.
I surpassed my social media goal on each platform. This was shocking to me, but I appreciate everyone on each platform.
Freelance Writing: $25
I made $25 in April 2017. This month’s revenue came from freelance writing with the online magazine that I write for.
I do want to point out that I made more money in March and April, but in the blogging world, you get paid 30-90 days after you have earned any money. These reports will only include money that I have been paid.
These reports will only include money that I have been paid.
I didn’t have many expenses at all in April 2017. The only thing that I paid for was BoardBooster to schedule my pins on Pinterest. In April 2017, I did try out Tailwind and it’s pretty cool. I used a free trial and had a chance to use it for one month. Click here if you would like to use a free trial as well.
Did I Meet My Goals?
- Change the blog theme – Yes, comment below if you like the new theme!
- Fix broken links – Yes, I crawled my site on google and fixed all broken links.
- Receive at least 20 new subscribers to each social media platform – Yes, social media was great in April
- Publish five blog posts – No, I only published four posts.
Blog Goals for May
I don’t have any goals for May because I am trying to recover from changing my theme and I need to continue cleaning up the site.
I’m sure that my statistics won’t change much for the month of May so the ‘That’s A Wrap’ post will be a little different for May.
I appreciate everyone one that reads my blog, and I want to thank you for sticking around and giving me suggestions on post topics. With that being said, leave a comment if you have anything that you would like me to talk about. Until next time, that’s a wrap!